Privacy Notice in accordance with EU Regulation n. 2016/679 - “Regulation”
In accordance with art. 13 of the Regulation EU 2016/679, the company Editoriale Domus S.p.A. (hereinafter "Editoriale Domus" or "the Controller"), as data controller, would informs You how Your personal data are processing.
Purposes of the processing and consequences in case of refusal to provide Your personal data
Editoriale Domus processes s Your personal data (hereinafter "the Data") that You provide upon your registration on the website, registration to our events or contests and purchase of our products (i.e. subscription to our editorial products, purchase of our books, license to Quattroruote Professional software and Database, etc.) for the purposes described below.
a) Purposes necessary to manage Your registration on the website, Your subscription to newsletters services, participation at our events (including training courses) or contests, purchase of our products.
1) Editorial Domus processes the Data as necessary for the proper management of your registration to our website and to allow you to receive our newsletters, when you have requested this service by selecting the related box.
2) Editoriale Domus processes the Data as necessary for the proper management of your registration and participation in our events or contests or to manage the purchase of our products, if You have purchased or requested goods or services. In this case the Data will be processed for the execution of what is requested and therefore to provide You with the services or goods requested by You and all the related activities (assistance, invoicing, shipping, delivery, etc.), including all the processing operations under the applicable laws for such goods and/or services.
Therefore we process the Data to enter into a contract with you and to execute that contract, including the fulfilment of the consequent obligations.
b) Marketing and profiling purposes.
3) The Data may also be used, with your consent, for direct marketing purposes, i.e. to carry out promotional and marketing activities relating to the trademarks, products, services and initiatives (events and contests) of Editoriale Domus. For these purposes, Your Data will be used to send You, even by e-mail, telephone or post, communications (i) to promote the products and services of Editoriale Domus, (ii) to invite You to participate in events or contests of Editoriale Domus and to manage Your participation and (iii) to carry out market surveys.
4) With your consent, which is optional, your Data may be used for indirect marketing purposes, that means to carry out promotional and/or marketing activities on behalf of third parties. This category includes all the activities carried out to promote, also through e-mail, telephone or post, the products and services sold or distributed by third parties, with which Editoriale Domus maintains legal relationships without the communication of Data to these third parties.
5) With your consent, which is optional, Editoriale Domus through Internet sites, App, or social media account, collects information about Your preferences, habits, lifestyle, details of Your purchases to build individual or group profiles (“profiling”), that are used to send You personalized marketing communications and to carry out market and statistical research with anonymous data, organized in aggregate form.
In regard to the purposes under the points no.1 and no. 2, the Controller needs to collect and process some of Your Data to enable Your registration to our websites and to allow You to purchase or subscribe our products or services then to receive online newsletters, if requested. Therefore, without Your Data, You will not be able to register or enter into contracts with Editoriale Domus or receive our newsletters.
In regard to the marketing and profiling purposes (points no. 3-4-5), You may decide to give or not Your consent to process Your Data with no consequences.
Methods and legal bases of processing
Domus processes Your Data with and without the use of a machine, tool or electronic device, following the procedures consistent with the purposes indicated above and in compliance with the Regulation, also as regards confidentiality and data security.
The Controller processes the Data on the basis of (i) its legitimate interest to check users’ navigation on its own websites for the purposes under the point no. 1, (ii) the execution of a contract with You and to fulfill Your requests (including the receipt of newsletters), for the purposes under the point no. 2 and (iii) with your consent, for the purposes under the points no. 3, 4 and 5.
Disclosure of Data to third parties
Your Data can be accessed by our duly authorized personnel (i.e. members of our Marketing, Quattroruote Professional and IT offices) on the basis of the need and disclosed to third parties in the following cases:
(i) to those subjects to whom the disclosure is mandatory by applicable laws or regulations, such as Authorities and public entities for their respective institutional purposes;
(ii) to our partners, with Your express consent, given after You being informed about the identity (name) of these third parties.
Your Data can be disclosed to insurance companies and to police force or other public authorities in connection with any claim, dispute, sanction or statement related to the relationships between You and Editoriale Domus.
We disclose your Data to our service providers, who support us for the achievement of the purposes indicated above, for example for sending e-mails, handling payments, carrying out market researches, processing data, advertising, etc. We disclose Your Data to such third parties (providers) to the extent necessary to provide the agreed services; these providers process Your Data as Processors in accordance with article 28 of the Regulation, by means of signing a separate written agreement where are fixed the instructions of the Controller for data processing.
The Controller deletes the Data processed for the purposes of Your participation in events or contests, the purchase of our products or the subscription of our services are deleted after 10 years from the end of the related contract, event or contest.
The Controller deletes the Data processed for the purposes of Your registration to our websites or to receive our newsletters when You unsubscribe Your account from our websites or from our newsletters.
For marketing and profiling purposes, Your Data are stored to the extent necessary for the achievement of such purposes, within the limits established by the Regulation and/or by the Data Protection Authority. You may withdraw your consent at any time and may object to the processing of Your Data for marketing and/or profiling purposes.
It is understood that Editoriale Domus is authorized to store Your Data for a different period in cases in which it is necessary for the compliance of legal obligations and/ or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
The Data Controller is Editoriale Domus S.p.A., with registered office in Via Gianni Mazzocchi n 1/3, 20089 Rozzano (Milan), Italy.
The Regulation gives You the following rights: the right to access your Data, to request for rectification and for erasure, to restrict or to object to the processing of Your Data. You also has the right to data portability.
To better understand these rights, please note that they are listed in articles 15 (right to access) 16, (right to rectification), 17 (right to erasure); 18 (right to restriction of processing); 20 (right to data portability) and 21 (right to opposition) of the aforementioned EU Regulation 2016/679.
Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, that is the competent Data Protection Authority (www.garanteprivacy.it), if you believe that the processing of your Data by the Controller is in violation of the Regulation and/or applicable law.
You may exercise Your rights by writing to Editoriale Domus S.p.A. via G. Mazzocchi n. 1/3 -20089 Rozzano (MI) or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Pursuant to art. 37 of the 2016/679 EU Regulation, Editoriale Domus S.p.A appointed Sabrina Gentile as Data Protection Officer (DPO).
For all matters relating to the processing of Your Data, You can contact her in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or in writing by post to Data Protection Officer of Editoriale Domus, at Editoriale Domus S.p.A., via G. Mazzocchi n. 1/3 - 20089 Rozzano (MI)